We, TranslateFX Limited (“TranslateFX”), are committed to respecting and protecting your personal data by observing and complying with the requirements under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486, laws of Hong Kong) (“PDPO”).
Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by us is accurate. TranslateFX will take all practicable steps to ensure security of the personal data and to avoid unauthorised or accidental access, erasure or other use.
Please note that if you do not provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to provide the information, products or services you need or process your request.
Collection of Personal Data
The types of personal data we collect from you will depend on the circumstance in which information is required for process your request and providing you with our services. We may collect details including your name, contact details and other personal data relevant to the service you require from TranslateFX. We may also collect information relating to your company, geographic location, demographics, account information and information about how you use TranslateFX websites and applications.
If you do not supply certain personal data, we may not be able to supply the products, services or information in relation to which the data is collected.
Method of Collection
We collect personal data directly from you in most cases. We will ask you for personal data when you interact with us, such as signing up an account. We also collect personal data when you visit our website, use our applications or contact us, such as for customer service purposes. We may collect personal data from publicly availably sources.
Purpose of Collection
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing and evaluating your requests for products or services and for related activities, such as product and service delivery, customer service, account management, support and training and to provide other services related to your relationship with TranslateFX;
- Provding services to you;
- Offering, providing and marketing to you the products/services of TranslateFX, and administering, maintaining, managing and operating such products/services;
- Determining if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers;
- Evaluating your business needs;
- Designing products/services for customers;
- Conducting market research for statistical or other purposes;
- Providing you with additional information that may be of interest, such as news and announcements and technical service bulletins;
- Managing our everyday business and needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, fulfilment, analytics, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance, and business continuity; and
- Fulfilling any other purpose directly relating to above.
- related TranslateFX companies, including subsidiaries and affiliated companies of TranslateFX;
- service providers engaged by TranslateFX; and
- entities (including entities outside Hong Kong) for conducting due diligence and research relating to any of the purposes stated above.
Transfer of Personal Data
TranslateFX may, for any of the purposes stated above, transfer any of your personal data to the following third parties:
TranslateFX will disclose data when required to do so by law and may also disclose such data in response to requests from law enforcement agencies or other government and regulatory authorities.
Personal data Retention
Your personal data will be kept for such period as necessary for the provision of our services and to comply with applicable laws including regulatory requirements. If we no longer need your personal data, we will take all practical steps to erase it.
We have implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal data.
Please note that you should also take steps to protect yourself, especially online. When you register at TranslateFX.com, choose a strong password, and do not use the same password that you use on other sites. Do not share your password with anyone else. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Also remember to sign out of the website and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal data and correspondence if others have access to your computer.
Cookie and other collection technologies
When you visit our website, we collect different information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons. In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to personal data. For example, we use information we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns. In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your personal data. This privacy statement applies to the information when we associate it with your personal data. Please see also our Cookies Policy.
Access and correction of personal data
Under the PDPO, you have the right to ascertain whether TranslateFX holds your personal data, to obtain a copy of the data, and to correct any data that is inaccurate. You may also request TranslateFX to inform you of the type of personal data held by it. Requests for access and correction or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by TranslateFX should be addressed in writing to:TranslateFX Limited
13/F 29-39 Ashley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Attention: Data Privacy Officer
A reasonable fee may be charged to offset the TranslateFX’s administrative and actual costs incurred in complying with your data access requests.